2009/08/11

我是一个任性的孩子 英文翻译

我是一个任性的孩子 (顾城)

I am a willful child (by Cheng Gu)

(Any suggestions on my translation are extremely welcome!)

[My sincere thanks to Yudan and JM for their suggestions.]


I am a willful child

——我想在大地上画满窗子,

-- I want to paint the earth with windows,

让所有习惯黑暗的眼睛都习惯光明。

to let all those eyes accustomed to darkness become used to brightness.


也许

Perhaps,

我是被妈妈宠坏的孩子

I am mom's spoilt child,

我任性

I want what I wish.

我希望

I wish,

每一个时刻

every moment

都像彩色蜡笔那样美丽

is as beautiful as the colored crayons.

我希望

I wish

能在心爱的白纸上画画

I am able to paint on my favorite blank sheets,

画出笨拙的自由

to sketch a clumsy freedom,

画下一只永远不会

an eye

流泪的眼睛

that never cries,

一片天空

a vast sky,

一片属于天空的羽毛和树叶

in which feathers and leaves hide,

一个淡绿的夜晚和苹果

an apple and a light green night.

我想画下早晨

I want to draw the dawn,

画下露水

and all those smiles,

所能看见的微笑

that can only be seen by the dewdrops;

画下所有最年轻的

and all those youngest

没有痛苦的爱情

painless love stories.

她没有见过阴云

She has never seen dark clouds,

她的眼睛是晴空的颜色

the color of her eyes is that of the clear sky;

她永远看着我

She always looks at me,

永远看着

always, looking,

绝不会忽然掉过头去

she will never suddenly turn around.

我想画下遥远的风景

I wish to draw the scenery afar,

画下清晰的地平线和水波

the bold horizon and waves,

画下许许多多快乐的小河

and many many happy creeks;

画下丘陵——

to draw the hills,

长满淡淡的茸毛

with sparse fuzz.

我让它们挨得很近

I will let them stay so close to each other,

让它们相爱

let them fall in love,

让每一个默许

let every promise,

每一阵静静的春天激动

let every tranquil excitement of the spring,

都成为一朵小花的生日

be the birthday of every floret.

我还想画下未来

I also want to draw the future,

我没见过她也不可能

I have not seen her, and will not,

但知道她很美

but I know she is beautiful;

我画下她秋天的风衣

I draw her autumn wind coat,

画下那些燃烧的烛火和枫叶

maple leaves and those burning candles,

画下许多因为爱她

and those many hearts,

而熄灭的心

that snuff out for loving her;

画下婚礼

I draw a wedding,

画下一个个早早醒来的节日——

and all the festivals in which I wake up early,

上面贴着玻璃糖纸

with crystal sugar paper,

和北方童话的插图

and the illustration of the northern fairy tales.

我是一个任性的孩子

i am a willful child,

我想涂去一切不幸我想涂去一切不幸

I want to erase all miseries, I want to erase all miseries,

我想在大地上

I want to paint the earth,

画满窗子

with windows,

让所有习惯黑暗的眼睛

let all those eyes that are accustomed to darkness,

都习惯光明

get used to brightness.

我想画下风

I want to draw the wind,

画下一架比一架更高大的山岭

and higher and higher mountains;

画下东方民族的渴望

I want to draw the cravings of the oriental peoples,

画下大海——

and the boundless joyful cheers.

无边无际愉快的声音

Of the Oceans.

最后在纸角上

Last, at the corner of the paper,

我还想画下自己

I want to draw myself,

画下一只树熊

and a koala,

他坐在维多利亚深色的丛林里

he sits in the Victorian colored woods,

坐在安安静静的树枝上

he sits on the silent tree branches,

发愣

dazing;

他没有家

he has no home,

没有一颗留在远处的心

nor a heart that stays remote,

他只有许许多多

he only has, many a dream,

浆果一样的梦

berries-like,

和很大很大的眼睛

and big big eyes.

我在希望

I am wishing

在想

and thinking,

但不知为什么

but not knowing why,

我没有领到蜡笔

I have not received my colored crayons,

没有得到一个彩色的时刻

nor the arrival of the moment of color.

我只有我

I am only with myself,

我的手指和创痛

my finger and the pain of the wounds,

只有撕碎那一张张

I tear apart one by one,

心爱的白纸

my beloved white papers,

让它们去寻找蝴蝶

let them chase butterflies,

让它们从今天消失

let them vanish from today.

我是一个孩子

I am a child,

一个被幻想妈妈宠坏的孩子

who is spoilt by fantasy mother,

我任性

So willful I am.



2009/04/30

What a dark night!-written in 2005

Darkness swallowed the space,
the lonely and empty space,
as if all the dirts and creatures in this space are neglectable;

Darkness swallowed my space,
my unstable and untidy space,
as if all the guilts and sorrows in this space are shameful;

The angel in white,
will you lay mercy and leak out a dim of light from your soft sleeves,
for when one is in dark too long, her eyes will change color to the one to which they aspire;

The angel in white,
please do not let my eyes be over jealous of your glories,
for my poor black eyes shouldn't be whitened, by which I would then become fully blind.....

2009/02/02

oh, the blues...

My soul just surrenders itself to blues;
My heart just sinks into blues;
so completely, so deeply,
and I happily weep-
that I live....

2008/12/22

我和妈妈 照片展 开幕

2008/11/17

上周末(08-11)与两位英才共餐

我们上周六有幸请到了jiajia, jianbin (俗称J&J的强强组合),在座的是:我们的最佳笑话讲演者(建斌),最佳菠萝种植者(妈妈)还有我们自小就能驳倒老师的佳佳,和扮演维民的赵阳,我吗,饭菜做得一般,于是躲起来了,呵呵。更多的请点击 dinner-08-11.